Monday, June 16, 2008

Mad Scientist Makes for Monstrously Good Father's Day

I got a book store gift card for Father's Day. There was no question what I would spend it on: two books from the "Franny K. Stein" series for me and Lili to read together. Franny is a little girl who loves experiments, just like Lili (she used to have trouble with the beginning of the word, so she would say, "Let's do 'spearmints' together!"). Many is the time that I've come across Lili mixing stuff from the kitchen together, just to see what it will taste like, or better yet what it will do!
We read the first book Lunch Walks Among Us last night in one sitting, and we both laughed and had fun. In fact, at the end of each chapter she'd beg for one more page. I'd try to close the book and Lili would wedge her hand between the pages like a traveling salesman pushing his foot into the door. It made me so happy - that was the best part of Father's Day!

No comments: