Thursday, March 17, 2011

popmarket.com - Final

I finally got my Jimi Hendrix box yesterday. It was shipped from Nashville and arrived in great shape. Just a few songs from disc one helped me fall in love with this set - the chance to hear Hendrix playing a yeoman role is so invigorating for an amateur musician.
Anyway, I'd say that, from my experience with popmarket.com:

  • Packages from Daily Deals items arrive about two weeks after ordering.
  • Make a screen-shot, or print, the screen detailing your order confirmation. Even though users establish an "account" to access the site, order information can not be accessed on the website via your account information alone (as you might with the "your orders" button on Amazon.com, for example).
  • Items are shipped in amazon-like cardboard wrappers that keep the items well through shipping. Items arrive in new and pristine condition.

I would order again from the site just because I love music in physical formats (both because the sound of CDs/vinyl is above mp3s, and the booklets that go with physical packages often add context to the music) but also because the prices can't be beat. I would not use the service if I needed something quickly (i.e. for a gift) but for my personal uses, I'll be trying popmarket.com again, I'm sure.

No comments: